As you may know, SharePoint 2013 can be installed either on Server 2008 R2 or on Server 2012. If you choose to install SharePoint on Server 2008 R2, you will need to install pre-requisites as with SharePoint Server 2010.
Mostly when installing SharePoint at a client site, their servers do not have access to the internet and the prerequisiteinstaller.exe tool cannot be run to automatically download and install the pre-requisites. In this case, the pre-requisites need to installed offline.
If need be, this process can be automated using the following Powershell Script:
The download locations for the files are located on this Technet Article.
Below I have listed the complete list of the SharePoint 2013 pre-requisites:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Windows Management Framework 3.0 (CTP2)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 r2 Native Client
- Windows Identity Foundation (KB974405)
- Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server AppFabric
- Windows Identity Extensions
- Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client
- Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.0
- CU Package 1 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server (KB2671763)